Saturday, January 31, 2009

Boys on the trail, growing up wild...







I often wonder what my boys will think of growing up in Alaska. They will no doubt see things most people only dream about and do things many people make into a "once in a lifetime" experience. Like moose hunting and King Salmon fishing or watching the Iditarod and Northern Lights, things that they will do every year here . They will also see the influx of climbers that venture here to take on Denali and maybe even want to do it themselves someday... Who knows what they will find on the mountains, trails and rivers of Alaska the adventures they will have. I can only hope they will be prepared and use their heads. I have a feeling they will enjoy the abundant wildlife and nature out their own backdoor and realize how lucky we are to have it.

Today we went for a walk at Fish Lake, the sun was out and the fresh snow was fluffy. I decided to neglect the dishes and laundry for some quality time with my boys, what's more important a clean sink or enjoying the sun and snow with my two little boys who will all too soon be men? No question and I think it's worth it...

No comments: