Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Cold Sun...

I say "cold sun" because when you look out the window the sun is out, the sky is blue and it's a beautiful day. When you go out (because the kids are stir crazy from all the cold below 0 temps. and not much outside time this weekend) it's 12 degrees with a wind chill of -10 below. But we had fun anyway, for about 20 minutes, cruising down our road. There are a few Icelandic ponies a block away so we went that direction. Jax starts ski club tomorrow and I wanted him to get out on his skis for a bit. I went for a nice x-country ski the other day on one of our local lake trails, the snow was deep but it was "gorgeously cold" out; sun, blue skies ,crisp air and no one in sight. Perfect. Then at the car my ski binding broke, so I'm going to need to shop around for one in town. Until then I will watch Jax ski...




No comments: