Friday, August 24, 2012

Jax at Tigger Lake

Jax and I took a wrong turn on this little hike which made it a really long hike! Oops... Luckily it was a nice day and we had a bottle of water with us. Then we stopped on our way back to the car at a cafe and had a quick snack, Birch Cookies made with Birch tree syrup, yum. The local "nordic ski club" created a bunch of nice x-country trails in the woods back here the last few years. They cross lakes and swamps and connect to each other. If I can get some skiis again (mine broke last year and my boots from the "free box" were never very comfy anyway) I'm sure I will get lost a bunch back here this winter. You really only have to worry about Moose in the winter since the bears are all asleep. As long as you don't surprise them and give them plenty of space they tolerate people and dogs pretty well. Goodbye summer, it's quickly turning to fall here.

No comments: