Monday, December 14, 2009

Rag Rugs




I just learned how to make RAG RUGS, here are my first two made of shredded sheets (as if I needed a new hobby)! Then again winter can be pretty long and although keeping busy isn't usually hard to do up here these rugs will come in handy around the house. I wanted to learn a few years ago but the internet instructions I printed were hard to follow so I gave up pretty fast. Then last month I heard the local Community Enrichment Program offering a class on it and I was in. The program runs activities and classes at the grade school, during the school year, most often taught by locals and they are free or really cheap (this class was only $5). They also show a free Friday night movie in the winter, it's in the gym on a big screen, alot of the time it's geared towards kids but not always and they announce it on the radio the week before so you know what is coming. Obviously we don't have a movie theater here and I have never driven all the way down to Wasilla to see one, it's 70 miles one way and no movie is worth it. We did see one movie in Anchorage years ago before we lived here, we were just visiting, our pre-Jaxon Alaska trip. I don't plan on mass-producing these or anything but it's a great skill to have and maybe I should get started on next years x-mas gifts now...
HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO YOU ALL & LUV FROM ALL OF US IN ALASKA

No comments: