Monday, December 13, 2010

A few pet peves...

OK, sorry in advance this is a quick rant. I don't do this often on here which makes me feel a little better about it but we all have a list of things in our minds that drive us crazy, right? Well here's mine (at least part of it...):
1. Hypocrites are pretty annoying, I think we can all agree. All I ask is "practice what you preach, or don't preach it!"
2. People telling you what YOU should do. I get this alot and it drives me pretty crazy...
3. WAR (enough said)
4. People who don't take responsibility for their own pets and kids.
5. Video Games (they cause alot more problems than they solve and are way too violent!)
6. Corporate Corruption & Greed (this is on most peoples lists)
*there are plenty more of the worlds many problems that bother me but instead of listing or dwelling on them I choose to go out and maybe help someone or something to be better than it is. Just whining about them won't help but I (we) can! Just yesterday I helped put on an open house event at our local "FREE BOX" for which I'm on the board and we're all volunteers. We had been collecting new or like new items from the community that could be used as holiday gifts and made cookies to put out. We ended up with a ton of nice stuff and lots for kids who don't mind regifts at all. It went well and people appreciated it alot. The free box is always free and this was no exception. Every town needs a free box! So this is a great time of year to donate, volunteer, help, do something, just make someones holiday nicer if you can...

No comments: