Wednesday, March 28, 2012

procrastination my old friend...

Ahh procrastination my old friend... we have known each other a very long time. Like most people I can put off projects big and small. This year however I would like to spend a little less time putting things off and more on getting things done. My New Years resolution was basically "use it or loose it". This can apply to many aspects of life. But right now, for me, it's about organizing my home and life with small steps. Like cleaning out the big lazy susan and cupboards in our kitchen, which had turned into a jumbled mess in the last couple years. Or the ultimate procrastination project I finished last week. After packing up our CD cases and placing them "temporarily" in travel sleeve zipper cases for our move up here over six and a half years ago I finally returned them to their rightful cases and organized them in a nice wood and canvas CD rack someone had given me a few years back. Finally, right? Why it took me so long to do that chore that I wanted to do every time I saw that box labeled "CD CASES" I'm not sure. But it is nice to have them back in cases and actually next to the CD player, what a convenient concept... I'm learning, slowly but surely, not to make things more complicated for myself.

No comments: