Monday, May 7, 2012

A Walk With Hawk

This morning Hawken went with me to take Jax to school. After we dropped him off we went to the Post Office and for a little walk downtown. This visitors center that the Historical Society runs in the "Three Bachelor's Cabin" will have a rack of my Batik Clothing for sale this season. It's across the street from the shop I had the last two summers and the home of the iconic sign "Welcome To Beautiful Downtown Talkeetna" which was replaced last year. The old one was cooler but falling apart. Many 100's of tourists stop and take photos of this sign each summer. I even have a few photos of them taking photos from the last couple years since I was right across the road. It was pretty funny to watch from my shop. There used to be an old pair of white "Bunny Boots" (ugly cold weather boots, you'd remember if you have ever seen a pair, they also make them in black) sitting there next to the sign and there were a bunch of times I watched people stick their foot into one of those boots for the photo that somebody was about to take of them only to quickly realize  it's full of dirty rain water. Not once did I see anyone think ahead and check it for water, it was hilarious every time...


No comments: