Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Fairy House

I did a craft show called "Enchanted Village" at a Waldorf inspired charter school in Anchorage last month. It was great, lots of cool stuff and nice families. I was also placed right next to a friend of mine who makes lovely pottery and awesome sundries. Well this little fairy house was just for fun and made with stuff I had around the house. The door, windows and acorn lamp are a set I bought for my shop that was built around a tree. I had them at the base of it, a huge Cottonwood. Anyway I guess I'm kind of a dork but alot of the kids, and adults, liked it. I just had it on display with my little fairy finger puppet propped up on a chop stick behind the door. Well here it is...


                                                                  


                                                                           
I created the log on watercolor paper, attached it to a base and glued moss around the bottom. I got tricky with strategically placed holes, string and tape to get the door, windows and acorn hanging in their spots. The top is covered with brown tissue paper and at the event a couple little boys picked up the chopstick with the little fairy on it and poked holes in the top. I kind of saw that coming and wasn't surprised but watching it happen was pretty amusing. I can add some more tissue over the top and patch it up if I so choose. It's fun but I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it. May just have it out in my booth as a prop next summer, we'll see. More crafts in the works, so there's more to come...

No comments: